With this kind of projects you should always wait and see before endorsing. When it comes out we should make a judgment by installing a completely free OS and seeing what works.

That said, the AllWinner processor (SoC) uses the Mali-400 GPU, which is known to be problematic, as it requires non-free software. There's a reverse engineering free software project called http://limadriver.org/, and it has made progress, but I don't know if its usable. But "Chip" can be useful even without the GPU.

Maybe the WiFi or Bluetooth won't work, but who knows.

About problems with AllWinner in general, I don't think we can endorse any CPU manufacturer anyway. To me AllWinner don't seem much worse than Intel, AMD or others, which also distribute and require non-free software for their hardware to work. So I wouldn't judge the developers of "Chip" just because they chose to use an AllWinner SoC.

We should wait and see.