One of my favorite programs, Jitsi, is still near unusable on Trisquel. Or at least the repo version is near unusable. There are already a couple of other threads here in the Trisquel forum about Jitsi crashing.

The Jitsi version in the Trisquel repo is 2.4.4997

But if you look here: https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi/debian/

You'll see there are several new stable releases that have since come out. Now, I know that we won't get any of them until the next release of Trisquel, but surely, the crashing bug has been addressed by now. Why no bug fix to our version of Jitsi? How does that process "work?"

Are we doomed to have a crummy unusable version of Jitsi in our repos until the next release of Trisquel?