Yes I've been getting the same problem with Trisquel, Parabola, Debian, and Mint. Before I removed OSX and replaced it with Trisquel, the wifi card never gave me any problems. Granted I only used it long enough to download a Trisquel iso, and I may have looked up a recipe or two. This is also a second hand machine I got for free from a coworker who didn't want it any longer, so I'm wondering if the wireless card could be failing. I've never attempted to replace any components in a MacBook (this is the first I've owned) so I'm not sure how easy it will be.

I've tried using my ThinkPenguin usb wifi adapter as well and the signal doesn't cut out when I'm using it, only the internal card. Wired ethernet never loses signal either.

Other than the wireless problem I'm loving LibreBoot with Trisquel. My machine somehow feels "cleaner" if that makes sense.