You are actually right. But our main goal is and always was Free Software. When we created the Librebox we created it with Trisquel in mind, but it just didn't catch up. We made some announcements and even post a topic on Trisquel which received a lot of comments and views but nothing more, the project just stagnated.

Then there was the Ubuntu MATE contact which helped us boost like crazy (at least in terms of public acknowledge) and now almost everyone is talking about us and the fact that we deliver a Free Software Friendly machine.

I talk personally with the person behind the Ubuntu MATE project, he knows that internally at LibreTrend we only use Trisquel Gnu/Linux, and he knows that for us allowing Ubuntu MATE was something which we hadn't planed at all. But yet we found a deal, and everything work great. The result ? More and more people are talking about Free Software and the importance of it, and we didn't loose our purpose (and never will).

Yes, it's not ideal, but it worked, and for us it's really wonderful, mostly because now we can continue our work on the LibreBox 2 (which will release in Mid-2016) which will be, in my opinion, a revolutionary product dedicated to Free Software.