Yes, I don't believe this is a Libreboot issue. You mention you use your machine for terminal use, web and email. Does your symptoms only affect your terminal session by any chance? That is when it occurs can you still input via the keyboard to your browser etc. If it only affects your terminal session perhaps you inadvertently hit C-s (that is the CTRL key plus s). This is a bash command to suspend the output. If you then hit C-q this will resume output again to your terminal and you should see anything you may have typed while the output was suspended suddenly re-appear.

I too have a Libreboot X60s and do recall a similar issue when I first got the machine. I can't recall now if it was me inadvertently suspending bash or another cause. Suffice to say I no longer experience this issue. So if it is not a suspension of bash output perhaps you are running an older version of Libreboot.

What version of Libreboot are you running out of curiosity? I'm on the 20150208 release as I still run Trisquel 6. The latest release 20150518 removes the powertop scripts for Trisquel 6 as it is considered now obsolete. I intend to upgrade to Trisquel 7 at some point and then this latest libreboot release.

Hope this helps.