I've got no idea what "ATA Enhanced Erase" is, but if I'm not mistaken, I know of 2 ways of deleting a drive.

One is the overwriting with zeroes thing. It takes a long time, but basically removes all data.

The other method I know of (which I think is more commonly used) is that it simply makes a computer think there's blank space where there isn't which, if that "blank" space is used, it will only take place by the data that was already present being overwritten (with no dramas whatsoever). The data that's not yet overwritten can still be recovered using file recovery software.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/low-level-formatting.html

"But I cannot securely erase my whole HDD using Trsiquel"
I assume you mean from the live session. If so, does installing GParted and erasing using that help?