Hey Sam,

Trisquel is a great free distro. It should be able to do just about everything
you want out of the box.

The only real trouble you may have is if you want to run a particular piece of
hardware that no one has written a free driver for yet. (Like a Wi-Fi card in
many laptops) . If you do run into such, the best thing you could do for the
community is to write one yourself, or pay someone else to.

Other options would be to find a different piece of hardware that there is a
free driver for to replace it.

As an option of last resort you could use what I refer to as a PDFOS (pretty
damn free OS) like Debian GNU/Linux see if they have a non-free driver for your
hardware (likely would load automatically) and the deactivate the non-free
repository and never use it for anything else.

Otherwise welcome, and I look forward to hearing your adventures.

Happy GNUing
--

Sent from my Android/Linux device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.