"doesn’t libreboot do that..?"

Sure, but some people might still prefer to guy from Gluglug anyway. In this way you get to support Francis and his ongoing work. As an example, I purchased his Libreboot installation service so as to support him financially even though I already had Libreboot installed. I wanted to support him. We need libreboot and it's in our shared best interests to be sure he's still around and able to work on it full-time. That means money to pay rent and buy food and etc. as he currently does nothing else but Libreboot. (If you think of it, the computer selling business is a way to support his work.) Freedom isn't free: Support freedom. :)