As you may or may not know, the latest point release of Ubuntu (that Trisquel 7 is based on) has been released and uses the backported 3.19 kernel and xorg by default. Both are available in Trisquel 7 in the repos as we speak as linux-generic-lts-vivid and xserver-xorg-lts-vivid.

In general, its good to refresh the ISOs so newer hardware is supported and users don't have to download as many updates. With my Nvidia GTX 970, I could not have the card detected via live CDs, but 14.04.3's xorg does let me boot with nonfree firmware. I believe it kicked back to llvmpipe in the live cd.

Oh and since Trisquel uses XFS as the default for /home, there have been some improvements to XFS since the 3.13 kernel that you may benefit from. I've been paying attention to changelogs via Phoronix for the post 3.13 kernel releases.

So does an upgraded ISO seem like a food plan? This is a great time to do it now that the Ubuntu core is on its 3rd point release and will require less tweaking after install.