I see...
Well, my advice is:
in order to get more support, try to point out clearly why your game is MUCH better than the already existing supertux, and why it is really worth supporting it. in order to reach your high goal, i'm sure you'll have to do more marketing for your game. I can imagine that the current website is not so convincing for many people. For instance, after browsing the campaign website, i didn't really know why it would be great to have retux come to live (except that it's always good to have new piece of free software, but that argument won't be enough for raising 50 000).

I did a lot of marketing in m carreer... i guess without the "i'm amazed" effect, people won't give enough money for the game to succeed. Maybe you could improve the result just by presenting your project in a more attractive way.