I'd highly encourage people to post on reddit and hacker news.

I've gone and responded to as many of ill-informed comments as possible. It looks like many of them have been up-voted. We'll need to keep on top of this as things develop.

I'm going to try and call into Free Talk Live tonight.

The hacker news link is here:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10139679

They don't seem to understand that the FCC has explicitly stated router firmware (not just radio firmware) would be required to be locked down. Anybody who could point that out on hackernewer would help. Apparently you can only post twice per ???? period of time there.

If someone can comment here:

https://news.ycombinator.com/reply?id=10140602&goto=item%3Fid%3D10139679

With the below would be great:

https://apps.fcc.gov/kdb/GetAttachment.html?id=1UiSJRK869RsyQddPi5hpw%3D%3D&desc=594280%20D02%20U-NII%20Device%20Security%20v01r02&tracking_number=39498

Here's a draft of the rules where they specifically ask how You will prevent end users from installing DD-WRT.

Third-Party Access Control: What prevents third parties from loading non-US versions of the software/firmware on the device? Describe in detail how the device is protected from “flashing” and the installation of third-party firmware such as DD-WRT.