Chris and everyone

We could all take the Rebels view and see this as a power grab and the knee jerk reaction is "hands off my WiFi!"

I don't believe the FCC is there to hinder innovation, at least I hope not.. this is not typically how the FCC works.. but I've seen them throw out straw-man proposals to engage the public, and this might be one of them.

So if, and when, you do submit comments, and in the US, as a citizen, this is your right, give it some thought and consideration as these are taken into the next steps on how the FCC will move. Don't flame them, that just gets ignored... be reasonable and thoughtful in what you say.

If anyone in interested in understand FCC Frequency Spectrum, and 5 GHz Unlicensed Spectrum (UNII) then follow the links.

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/2003-allochrt.pdf
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-13-22A1.pdf
https://www.fcc.gov/document/5-ghz-unlicensed-spectrum-unii

It's a very good thing the FCC decided to extend the time to comment for another two months, because we really all need to study what the FCC is actually proposing to do.

What I do know, in the past, having dealt with the FCC on a couple of projects, is that they are very receptive to input from the public - they're required to, it's in their charter - so raise a voice directly... it is your right to do so.

if one feels strongly enough, hit up your Representative and Senators, and that makes even a better impression, they will take consideration here -- but again, but thoughtful in your comments and objections.

With the Representative/Senators - I've always got a response back, not a form letter, but a signed response in Snail-Mail - I make my comments there, and yes, I do it often for issues I care about - just costs a stamp..

You want to read more in details take your time in doing so.