On 01/10, rhut...@posteo.de wrote:
> I know. But i don't see why i should invest more than 10 minutes into
> figuring out how to really "find" that file. Man pages are generally
> ridicoulus. Two online pages that i read about it gave me some advice, but
> it was incomplete and the commands i tried didn't work - or at least didn't
> bring me any result.
You might be looking for locate(1) command which is a much faster and
simpler alternative to find. I find it much easier to use for just
locating files however for more difficult things I do tend to use find
(because of the -exec option).

You just use it by typing: "locate foo bar baz" and it will find all
instances of files named foo, bar or baz.
--
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
                -- William Allen White