Hi,

I've read that for video editing (and/or 3D rendering), it's much better to start at 16 GiB of ram instead.
8 is possible, but might be not enough for heavy duty editing.
For gaming, I suppose 8 Gib of ram is enough though.

Also you'd need a strong CPU chip. I mean the strongest, the better.
For example, using my Thinkpad X200 for fairly basic tasks, it feels it couldn't handle heavier tasks so easily.
If I'm not mistaken, it's the strongest Libreboot latop.
Maybe it can run the games you mentioned on high setting, I don't know.

But I doubt it would be very fluid for real video editing, though I could be mistaken.