The TL;DR of my reply to Magic Banana is that I seem to have almost 10GB of logs in /var/log. Is it safe for me to just go into that folder and delete everything that's not folder? Or is there is a special command for safely purging logs?

Also, the size of the logs seems to be growing constantly. I cleared some space with auto-remove and now my root partition is full again. I suspect this may be a bug. I will be able to confirm this once I can remove the logs, and see if they start to fill up the partition again. If so, I will file a bug report.