I like the idea of making the normal edition small, so that the other one is called maxi instead of mini. Couldn't it be enough to make the original iso-image 700 MB big, so that it fits onto a CD, like in earlier times? Every GNU/Linux user has to learn what package management is very soon anyway, so it would be no problem to tell them: If you want the maxi version, just download the metapackage xyz-maxi right after seting up your system. As some people here are talking of their old computers and the corresponding RAM: I own two laptops, one from 2005 and the other one from around 2006 (i bought it 2nd hand). They have 512 MB RAM. The only thing that was ever broken was the hard drive of one of them. And its battery is not much worth anymore, it lasts not even half an hour even without running many programs. But i don't need it to run longer on battery. So, why should i buy a new laptop? Time has passed quickly, so it seems now - i am 10 years older now than when i bought my first laptop! But i still have it. Developers are going ahead all the time, making me feel running a potatoe (good expression, didn't know that one). Consider how old your stereo sound system is, or the one of your parents - it is still running and playing the cd's well, even after 20+, or even 30+ years. So, a change in focus in the GNU/Linux world would be good. I'm glad Trisquel is offering a mini version.