During startup, Trisquel 7 has normally been asking for my user password, but today it started asking for my password _twice_, once right after the Plymouth screen passes to my wallpaper, and again after I enter my password, followed by a grey screen, and then my wallpaper again, whereupon it asks for my password once more. I have not tried to go past the second request, as I do not know what I am authenticating at that stage. Any ideas ?

The following two kernels exhibit this behavior:
Linux-Libre 3.13.0-67-lowlatency and Linux-Libre 3.13.0-66-lowlatency

Linux-Libre 3.13.0-65-lowlatency behaves normally.