An unconfigurable software  is not a free software

The NetworkManager in Ubuntu makes me annoyed. I guess here is right place to complain this issue.

It took me a whole evening to seek the configuration file for NetworkManager's dnsmasq (actually dnsmasq-base). The result was bad. Seems not a file for configuring 'dnsmasq', even though I created dnsmasq.conf in /etc .

The dnsmasq is not complete, being only dnsmas-base. What's worse is NetworkManager doesn't allow fully installed dnsmasq. See Ubuntu 's page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Dnsmasq

\\\
Note that the package "dnsmasq" interferes with Network Manager which can use "dnsmasq-base" to provide DHCP services when sharing an internet connection. Therefore, if you use network manager (fine in simple set-ups only), then install dnsmasq-base, but not dnsmasq. If you have a more complicated set-up, uninstall network manager, use dnsmasq, or similar software (bind9, dhcpd, etc), and configure things by hand.
\\\

Are they conflicted? And why?

Thus I was looking for solution in NetworkManager. However there are very few places to configure NetworkManager except a few lines!!

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager

This is what I want to argue,

An unconfigurable / unhackable software  is not a free software.

It limits the use for end users. Don't tell me that I can modify the source code or something. The majority of users don't have the ability to manage the C language. Right?

I know NetworkManager is so convenient to setup wifi connection. And I know I can just change to an alternative. But the thing is, it finally just constrained the freedom for users!!! And it just interferes too much to the availability of other softwares.