Ok, as far as why Selinux over Apparmor, I was interested in trying/learning a different security model. (I'll listen to any thoughts on you have the two.) There is no other reason outside of exploration. I learn by doing. For example; I now know how to configure DHCP from the terminal and did it using vi, both a first for me, as a result of this issue. (the original issue was that I removed Apparmor and it took KDE and Gnome with it and brought my computer down to a base system.)

"You did not mention that in the first message. What are you doing exactly? What is the exact message that you get in consequence?"

Unfortunately, I don't have any messages to pass on. Is there a specific log I should refer to. I've searched various forums and and bug reports and have not seen a similar problem.

Please forgive my lack of technical description, it's hard for one to help if I don't provide right info.