It's been 20 years since the 1995 revision, so most the software patents should be expired by now though the last revision was made in 1998, so the latest revision is only a few years away.

I find it odd that I saw on a post that's a couple years old that you don't support MP3 because of patents, but you have a x264 repo. Now what's up with that? Is that a version of x264 that has the features that violate software patents removed?
http://in.archive.trisquel.info/trisquel/pool/main/x/x264/

On that note of x264, the expiration of the h264 baseline patents are 8 years away, so I'm looking forward to that. (Though the latest revision of h264 won't be patent-free until the baseline h265 standard is patent-free)