I apologise if this sequence of dumb decisions and my lack of memory makes you cringe, mad or have any other negative response. So a couple of days ago my laptop ran out of power whilst i was playing a game. My computer was still on but i couldn't do anything; the screen was black. I decided to charge it. After 10 minutes, i saw no effect, so i turned it off and on again: It worked perfectly fine! I went on to do my regular buisness on it, including changing the permissions and possibly the owner and group of many (almost all) of the files in /bin, /sbin and /usr and the directories thereof. I then suspended the computer and went to bed. The following day, (i'm pretty sure) my computer was out of power again. After a brief moment charging, i turned it on. The normal loading screen (the one with the semi-transparent Trisquel logo and the default background) is shown like normal, but then the screen just goes black, even though i have plenty of power.
Help please!