Hi there I have no landline where I live (UK) so use my mobile and a USB cable for tethering to the netbook. It's slow but works (it's an old samsung monte) I'm amazed that it does work especially as I have to select samsung kies as the connection so obviously Trisquel can work around this. The phone is broken now and would like to hear of any recommendations that actually work with Trisquel before I buy anything. I can connect using an unlocked dongle but not very convenient to keep taking the sim in and out of a phone.