I installed Linux on my shitty old laptop because I wanted to learn how to program in Java, and I thought that maybe installing a lightweight Linux would make it easier for me to use this piece of crap. I had no problem installing JDK on Windows, but when I follow the instructions on the Oracle website I can't get it to work. I used [this](https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/install/linux_jdk.html#BJFCDAIB) guide and after completion I get my terminal, write java or javac and it doesn't recognize the command. I've been trying to get it working for the past 3 hours so I'm pretty furious with the whole thing. Can someone explain to me how to get it done?