Hi everyone,

This isn't specific to Trisquel, though I am running that OS on my computer. My laptop, which at the time was running Linux Mint, gave out on me. The hard drive has chronic read errors and can't find a boot device. I installed Trisquel GNU/Linux on an external terabyte drive as a stop-gap until I order a new hard drive for my laptop. I changed the BIOS settings to look for a USB device to boot from first, then look for an internal hard drive second, so as long as I have the external plugged in the computer will boot just as if it were an internal hard disk.

Soon I'll be buying a new hard disk and installing it in my laptop. I'd like to migrate my system- data, programs, everything- from the external hard drive to the internal hard drive, then use the external hard drive only for backups. Is there a (relatively) simple way to migrate the system to a new drive? Thanks for your help.