It doesn't even have to be non-free, non-free just makes it easier to hide it's functionality. Just having any program load without users knowledge is a very bad trait to have.

LibreJS is okay but can still allow malicious code to run provided it has the right license, I mean how many people would actually check that code before running that specific instance? No-script at least allows you to control it with a fine grain.

I'm sure as you would know, this is a very extreme case that free JS would actually be looking to be LibreJS compatible but it is not an impossibility either.