By the way, the plugin is great so my script is almost always unnecessary.

However, there are a few cases where something like it can be useful. For example, when I am learning from a screencast and following along in a program, or taking notes in a program, running totem can be better.

The reason is that with totem I can put it on half the screen and make the viewable area of the video use 100% of that half screen. In the other portion of the screen I can put an editor or whatever program I'm following along with.

Doing that with a video player embedded in the browser is not possible. To clear away everything but the player window requires going fullscreen which takes up the entire screen.