Let's be clear though that we are talking about people who are used to computers though. They don't like change and are usually tethered to proprietary platforms by some obscure (or not so obscure) specific program or love the brand. They have often heard of libre software but think they don't need it and take mention of it as direct criticism. 'Normal' people, that is, people who don't spend lots of time on computers for anything other than work are different. They usually just want things to 'work': providing a web browser, email, perhaps a media player and a traditional and straightforward user interface. They have probably heard about the Snowden papers but don't think it affects them, but may still resent privacy concerns of things like Google. They do care, to a certain extent, about security, and probably know not to open funny-looking emails. These are generalisations, certainly, but I think that these people are the people we should target. They will likely be interested to hear a brief explanation of the aims and practical benefits of free software. Speaking about libre software to people we are acquainted with is, in my opinion, more important than converting refuseniks off the internet because we can actually help the normal people to install and learn to use GNU/Linux and can give them advice in a relaxed and informal manner while not compromising. People need help to get them to care.