Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to install MATE as the default desktop in Trisquel, using the text installer, or some other means. I prefer MATE to GNOME 3, but I would rather not have two DEs on my computer if I can avoid it.

I tried doing this by not installing a desktop enviroment at all during the text install, and then installing MATE by PPA through just the shell, but when I booted up the computer, and tried to add the MATE PPA, it told me that the package "apt-get" wasn't found, so I wasn't sure what to do.