The prototype tested on the Phoronix website had an AMD graphics card and a Broadcomm wireless card:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=talos-workstation&num=1
I think these are just prototype s though, so maybe these were just cheapest for the system. Other than these the POWER8 architecture is most free software-friendly architecture comparable in performance to Intel chips. It is mostly used in servers and supercomputers because of this. At any rate, even if they shipped it with these components they could be replaced as they would not be soldered. The Nvidia Kepler cards run with free firmware and some Atheros wireless cards. I would buy one if I had the money.