It's about getting the newest cool toy, it's very human.
But among people who actually get the job done, they sometimes work with very archaic/simple tools and methods.

So it's a fact that Trisquel will always be a bit late.
But at least you know what's in there, and why it matters to you. Plus the programs who need a more regular update are taken care of, if I'm not mistaken. I probably misunderstand the difference between an update and getting the next version.

But my point is, once you got the tool that fits your needs, don't focus so much on it, just use it for your goals. That's why it's useful, and not a time waster/diversion.

Trisquel isn't perfect, but it's pretty solid, and does that while respecting the user.