I wonder if somebody in-the-know could help me understand this. I have xfce and pekwm installed on my Trisquel 7 machine. I originally installed the mini version of Trisquel which comes with lightdm. When I change the desktop in xfce, and log out to lightdm, the background for lightdm is the same desktop with the Trisquel logo in the lower left hand corner. If I then run pekwm—without feh running, which I use to set the background for pekwm—it retains the background from lightdm, logo and all. I'm wondering where lightdm grabs the wallpaper from and where does it store it so that the default background for pekwm ends up the same.

I'm having no problem with wallpapers, but understanding how this works would help me. Thanks in advance in-the-know person.