Well, restore from terminal did not work. "Sudo deja-dup" brought up the Backup procedure, but when done I again got a list of the files that "failed to load". Which was all of them.

I then tried "Restore to specific folder". I selected the "Home" folder. It seemed to be working and when finished said: "All files restored". But the files were nowhere to be found.

Interestingly, the only choices I get for backup sources choices in the drop down menu in either case are the files that end in "Manifest" - represented by "paper" icon - none of the box icons seem available to select. Maybe I need to alter Permissions on the individual files? Here are the Permissions as they are: