>you miss the point entirely
Then explain it in more detail. How does debian go wrong when you have installed debian 8 main? If 'synaptic package manager' provides an unacceptable gui to instal non free repositories then leave it out of the iso and let an update application only update main. I still do not understand why an iso like I described cannot get fsf approval? I do not see distributions like gnew and trisquel as viable options for the reasons I already mentioned. I do think it is important that fsf can show a maintained and not difficult to install free software system.