I think this is not the case. Continuing from user ADFENO's point.
The place I can think of regarding GPLv3 affecting real life scenario is embedded devices, and Android devices. Routers couldn't be locked down in such the way as they are now. Similarly reputable manufacturer wouldn't be able to make locked bootloader, preventing modification, etc. Now bad companies make kernel proprietary. This would not stop that. But no doubt this would mandate the thins to be unlockable otherwise they violate "Tivoisation" clause. Still for many manufacturer, current GPLv2 is too strict. This may well be a factor in Google developing alternative embedded operating system which is "open source" but not copyleft. We see manufacturer write rubbish drivers right now for unique device Linux kernel fork. So it is not hard to write bad proprietary drivers for Google kernel instead. And then the manufacturer happy they need not release any source code at all. This makes me sad but Google makes Android progressively more proprietary. So it is natural step for Google.