The misleading information in the Parabola project's news originates in the misleading information in the EOMA68 campaign page. I believe I have quoted several times already this statement:

"This project has been extremely unusual in that it has been a Libre Hardware and Software project right from the beginning. Many projects claim a degree of “open-ness”, using the word “open” in order to attract users and developers, but a simple in-depth investigation of such projects quickly reveals the claim of “open-ness” to be misleading or outright false." -- https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

It's ironical that they point fingers to other projects that claim their hardware to be "libre hardware" even though it's not libre when you look more closely. Well, let's look together more closely to EOMA68 board. Are the PCB source files (the circuit board design/layout source files) under a free license? No. It hasn't been "right from the beginning", it's not now. When (if) it's going to be? We don't know. We aren't offered a deadline.

And please don't say "it has nothing to do with anything lkcl has done". Have you read Paul's conversation with him? It's been linked here several times:

"Then it is fair to say that the circuit board design is not free at this point but may be freed later." -- PaulK, https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2016-August/004349.html

"The question is whether the source form of the circuit board as sold are free or not. Based on the elements I grasp from your answers and what was reported in this thread, the answer is visibly no. [...] Please make it clear if I'm wrong, otherwise there is no further need to discuss this matter." -- PaulK, https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2016-August/004352.html