Hi have tried several times to make set-up that enables me to help e.g. my mother - whom I've successfully persuaded into using linux (for technical vs ease-of-use reasons it's for the time being not Trisquel though).

But I just fail every time. On paper the best solution would be something like gitso, but I just can't get it to work.

So, the best option seems to be vnc via ssh. I have searched and searched for a good guide to this but I can't find it. Can anyone help me to find a good guide that in detail explains how to set up such a connection?

So far I'm trying to get ssh to work. I can make it work on LAN, even without passphrase authentication (it connects automatically, which I find strange, i.e. insecure)

I've generated rsa keys on each machine but don't now how to use them correctly.

As I said I can connect via LAN but not WAN.

Any help?