Just happened to update Libreboot on my x200, following the instructions at https://libreboot.org . Things are OK now, but I experienced an issue, which I'll report here.

I chose to have a fully encrypted disk, and that's OK. But then I chose to add a GRUB password, and that's where I found trouble. By any inexplicable process, adding a GRUB password at grubtest.cfg always caused my keyboard to malfunction. The shift key started working oddly: it stopped working, but only for the letter keys. So, when at boot time I had to introduce the disk passphrase and I needed symbols, there was no problem - but when I needed a capital letter, I would have to turn Caps Lock on (and then off again if it followed a non-capital letter). When system was finally started, the keyboard problems still were present, making it difficult to write capital letters every time. I reflashed the x200 using different ROMs, even from old versions of Libreboot, but it only got worst from there. Caps Lock stopped working mid-boot: the Caps Lock light would stop reacting to the keypress and the passphrase would no longer be recognized. I got to the point that there was no way to boot the system, so I had to resort to an Trisquel USB with the libreboot utils so I could boot Trisquel live and reflash the system from there.

So far, I have been unsuccessful to get Libreboot work well with a GRUB password.

Ignacio Agulló · agu...@ati.es