The commonly available digital camera I have records and deletes and formats the fuse-exFat system reasonably well most of the time. If the code for the exFat system is proprietary, at least the code for accessing the data should be made free. I do not disrespect proprietary formats, but there are unknown issues with it. I simply believe that a free version should at some time be available in a main repository that guarantees accessibility even with a chdir command from within a compiled C directory changer program. I am a Trisquel 6.0 user who came from Ubuntu 12.04 after being unable to use Alt-tab properly with Ubuntu if it included the bash terminal there.