Hi all,

Thanks to you for opening this thread !

Gnuinos is a devuan based libre distro. It uses the openbox WM, but surelly there will be more flavours like xfce, mate in the future. My idea is to develop some Gtk applications for openbox (like, for example, a control-center). One of them is a Gtk interface for simple-netaid, developed by Edward Bartolo in C [*], for network connections. Actually, a GUI already exists in freepascal, but i'm developing another one in Gtkmm3.

Here you are a video:

https://gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-gtk3/snetaid

It's still a work in progress.

I also would like to contribute to the development of Trisquel, since it aims to be 100% and uses Linux-Libre.

I'm also working in the debianization of Vdev (a project started by Jude Nelson), together with Ralph Ronnquist. Vdev is included in the repository of Gnuinos. You can install it by the following way (only tested in devuan derivative distros):

1) Update libudev1 to the latest version 215-17+deb8u5

2) Be sure that you are running an unique kernel because, at the time being, only one the existent initrd.img will be regenerated (the latest one).

3) Install the vdev-initramfs package.

4) Run:

# vdev-initramfs vdev

and restart the system.

5) You can restore udev runing:

# vdev-initramfs udev

@Mangi dog:

About me? I'm from spain. You can ask me here or email me (aitor_czr_gnuinos.org). I usually write in the Mailing List of devuan and the public IRC channel...

Have a nice day :)

[*] See the dyne.org discussions:

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/dng.en.html