ewlabonte,

My intention is not to reject Trisquel GNU/Linux altogether from the machine. I wanted to test gNewSense GNU/Linux 4.0; that's it.

Distro-hopping is a habit which I can't resist with all my inner self control. (Before coming to Trisquel GNU/Linux, I was using Ubuntu GNU/Linux and Debian GNU/Linux; happened to hear one of Stallman's speeches, (Don't remember which one, though.) and decided to use only free software distributions endorsed by GNU/FSF. gNewSense GNU/Linux 3.1 was the very first free software distro, then flipped about Trisquel GNU/Linux 6.0 and 7.0 versions before settling down with Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0.)

I agree gNewSense GNU/Linux 4.0 has most of its software outdated w.r.to Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0. But that does not make it unusable from any other perspective. (You see, they are very stable and works well with old hardware, with little or no performance lag.)

All these free software distributions should coexist and cooperate, rather than compete with each other like bitter rivals; only then the users will enjoy true control over their computing.