I had Ublock Origin on other browsers, but I'm not sure how to use it- but I did play with it a little though. If I'm using Tor, I know they don't recommend extra add-ons, so maybe I should go back to IceCat? but .onion is a Tor thing, right? I'll go read some stuff at Tor's site.

In another thread I saw you say HexChat is more secure than Pidgin, and less bloated, so I'll get that back too.

I was hoping to discuss this stuff in my thread, or one about browser security, sine this one got derailed so badly. I was searching for threads about browser security, which would be more appropriate for the stuff I've been mentioning here that's unrelated to the main topic.