I understand that my explanations so far are not very clear. Let me try like this:

I have an x200 on which Minifree has installed libreboot.

I have successfully installed Debian with full disk encryption by this guide at: https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/encrypted_debian.html

I have successfully booted and is now with no issues as such running Debian with Cinnamon.

The next step is to modify GRUB, but I don't understand the guide: https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/grub_cbfs.html

I see others find it straightforward but I don't (due to my lack of knowledge and skills).

It seems that 1st option should be the easier, but it requires knowledge about how to "create your custom GRUB configuration".

My distribution (Deb8) did not "automatically generate a libreboot_grub.cfg file". Can I just create one by means of Gedit? Can I create one and end it with a link to the original grub file?