Nevertheless, their crowdfunding campaign and marketing e-mails for the "EOMA68 Computing Devices" make the false claim that "it has been a Libre Hardware and Software project right from the beginning".

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

Well, the truth is that it hasn't been a "Libre Hardware" (free-design hardware) project in the beginning and it's not now AFAIK. Hopefully it will become a free-design hardware project when they will start shipping the boards to their backers. Until then, I feel it's important for people to know the truth and that's why I'm keeping the avatar.