I have no idea, but it's definitely the same thing as turning a disk off form gnome-disks (or gonome-disks-utility, or whatever the earlier name was).

I have written a script for that, but since it's supported in Nautilus and it's not THAT space or resource-heavy (as far as I know), I don't use it anymore. Plus the setup was complicated.

It is the command executed by gnome-disks (I think).
Check this if you want to see my brutish script:
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/mounting-hdd-or-dvd-both-thunar-and-pcmanfm-not-authorized-perform-operation?page=1#comment-92998

So yeah, rough around the edges.

Of course if you like pain, you can try and red the whole thread.

One possible downside of Nautilus is when I tried to copy around 500GiB of data.
I thought that it stopped/freezed at some point.
But actually it just slowed down... a lot.
The thing is, it copies the data into memory,
then dumps it in the recieving disk, but slowly when the load in the memory is done.

I don't remember having this problem with Thunar.