one thing i wanted was to get a silent boot. if anybody is interested, my non-perfect workaround with plymouth is to change the font colours to black (0x000000) in /lib/plymouth/themes -> text.plymouth and (im not sure if this was the reason in my case) to disable the access to the .png background picture by renaming, so that plymouth is only in 'text mode'. btw: on shutdown this configuration has not the intended effect

second i wanted to make the boot faster. so far i figured out, to get a significant improvement, i would have to change the init to a faster one, thats not possible because of the dependencies

third just to mention it, my wish would be that trisquel would be based on devuan, not debian and at least not on ubuntu