I think I will open a new thread about below details

Those screenshots seem to be about the same as what I had. I don't know if this is related but yesterday I installed chkrootkit and ran it and got this message:

Searching for Linux/Ebury - Operation Windigo ssh... Possible Linux/Ebury - Operation Windigo installetd

This was in trisqel 8 which I had been enjoying for the last couple of days. I ended up doing a complete reformat and reinstall and now Abrowser is working fine.

One of the many things this Linux/Ebury - Operation Windigo ssh thing does is mess with the dns to cause the victim to go to fake websites.

By the way, my fresh install still gets the same message from chkrootkit but the follow up tests to determine a false positive are coming up better. I'm not sure if I'm out of the woods yet.

Some more info here
https://www.cert-bund.de/ebury-faq