Ah yes, I need to study how some extensions do the same work. The less I have, the better.

On Ebay, there's the iframe (probably) you talk about, prompting to enable JS (and your idea would probably work just fine), but there's also the product's description that needs to be enabled at least, sometimes the product's image I think. Else, maybe it's needed for giving evaluation/comment.

Regarding payment, since I go for the lazy way, it's about enabling paypal. And it works only after enabling JS, and ONLY THEN refreshing the page (so JS would still be enabled. So pushing the button wouldn't be enough because after each refresh, JS would be disabled.
But I'll need to rethink the way I shop online (or offline, for that matter).

But definitely, it's the exception, shopping online is more complex than most types of websites.

For now, I browse with 90% without JS. I still shop online sometimes (some things can only be found there). Else I enable it for OSM, and I might do so for things like codecademy (it's been a while, but it was a nice way to learn, even if I forgot most of it haha...).