Hi albertoefg
I don't know why nobody seems to care about your post / is only referring to other so far unfinished solutions (ring is beta at the moment).
I think it's great news and I can't wait to check it out!

However, do you know about WebRTC? There are a lot of providers out there which allow you to share a link and then have a video chat with your friend in your webbrowser.
It works with only free software and webrtc is end-to-end encrypted.

It's good to have an app-alternative though. So thumbs up!
We're more and more heading towards the point that skype becomes easy to replace (and no matter what other people say, my experience is that currently it's not).