Hi All
First thanks for the advice given so far, the open source thing in my head always links to libre personally, to be fully open, but I do understand what you are all saying. Additionally I am also looking into privacy first services, I hear Spideroak is a rather good service that makes their software encrypt before it leaves the device. I am in a bit of a limbo with the distro picking, I generally always have been with Linux, I think I will test out in VMs both Parabola and Trisquel, but while I know my way around a linux system, I am getting lazy and of course life has ways of taking your tinkering time away from you, Tirifto have you had any major issues with Parabola? or has it been rather smooth sailing? Also thanks Magic Banana about the information about Spotify, while I understood that it was likely spying I wasn't aware of that level.

Again thanks for the information.