Firstly, sorry about it not making sense- that's my fault. It appears two paragraphs got mashed together, and the second half of the sentence has nothing to with the first.

What it should have said was that, in the box which appears after you follow the steps proceeding it, one line will be highlighted. A few lines above that one (you might need to scroll up a bit to find it), there will be a line with "noscript" in it. Select that line, and press delete- the annoying pop-up should disappear. Then press the cross on the little box you've just been working in to get the screen back. It's obviously not terribly convenient, but (for now) it's the best I can give you.

In regards to alternatives, I don't know of any outside of the standard method of scrounging the Internet, local stores, and garage sales for what you want. Comparable sites exist, but they aren't much better- in terms of variety, they're likely worse. I do hope one emerges, although it isn't clear how it would build a sufficient market base to serve its intended purpose.